6. CO-ORDINATION COMMITTEE
DISTANCE MEETING or POSTAL VOTE
1. The Co-ordination Committee shall consist of the President, the Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer.
2. Nominations for the Co-ordination Committee have to be sent to the Secretary who will provide the Member Associations with details of all nominations and the agenda for the next House of Delegates meeting.
3. Members of the coordination committee, with the exception of the Treasurer, shall be Ostomates and if possible officers of an Association.
4. The term of office of the members of the Co-ordination Committee shall be for a period not exceeding two election periods. An election period is the time interval between two ASPOA congresses General Sessions of the House of Delegates.
5. The President and one other officer elected from the Co-ordination Committee shall serve as members of the IOA Coordination Committee and shall serve as such until there term as ASPOA Co-ordination Committee members end.
6. The Co-ordination Committee shall co-ordinate the work of the Association, prepare the House of Delegates meetings in co-operation with the host Association and should organise adequate secretariat facilities.
7. The Vice-President shall carry out all the duties of the President during any period the President is unable to fulfil the duties of the position.
8. If the office of President, Vice President, Secretary or Treasurer becomes vacant for any reason the remaining members of the Co-ordination Committee may appoint a person, eligible in accordance with this Constitution, to fill the vacancy until an election for that office is held at the next General Session of the House of Delegates.
9. Meetings of either the House of Delegates or the Co-ordination Committee may be held by telephone hook-up or any form of electronic means. Decisions taken at such meetings or by a postal vote held between meetings shall be valid decisions of the body concerned.
7. ASPOA CONFERENCE
A Member Association who host a General Session of the House of Delegates could plan and organise additional programme, such as lectures, symposium, exhibition and social events, in close cooperation with the Co-ordination Committee.